A cookie is a file sent to your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies enable a website to store and recover information on the browsing habits of a user or a computer. Depending on the information cookies contain and how the computer is used, cookies can be used to recognize the user.
The user’s browser stores cookies on the hard disk only during the current session. They take up very little space and do not harm the computer. Cookies do not contain any specific personal information and most of them are deleted from the hard disk at the end of the browser session (known as session cookies).
Most browsers standardly accept cookies, but also make it possible to adjust the security settings to enable or block temporary and saved cookies.
Types of Cookies
The following guide on cookie use from the Spanish Data Protection Agency provides details on the different types of cookies:
In terms of the party that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, there are two types of cookies: the website’s own cookies and third-party cookies.
- The website’s own cookies: they are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website from which the user has requested the service.
- Third-party cookies: they are sent to the user’s device from a computer or domain not managed by the website owner, but by a different party, which processes the data obtained from these cookies.
Other types of cookies:
- Based on how long they are stored on the computer: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Based on purpose: technical cookies, personalized cookies, analytics cookies, advertising cookies and behavioural advertising cookies.
Following the guidelines of the Spanish Data Protection Agency and with the aim of providing you with the most accurate information possible, below is a list of the cookies used on this website.
This website uses the following types of cookies:
- Analytics Cookies For periodic maintenance purposes and to guarantee users the best possible service, this website uses analytics cookies to compile activity statistics. Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, makes it possible to measure and analyse website browsing activity. Your browser has been sent four cookies as part of this service. They are the website’s own cookies, session cookies and analytics cookies, as described above in Types of Cookies. More information on these cookies and how to disable them is available here: https://www.google.com/intl/es_ES/analytics/learn/privacy.html , https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=es
- Under no circumstances are users’ personal data obtained, thus guaranteeing protection of the privacy of people who browse the website. The information obtained is used strictly for statistics purposes, e.g. number of users who access the website; number of pages visited; frequency and repetition of visits; visit duration; browser used; service provider; language; terminal used; and the city where the IP address is assigned. We use this information to offer users a better and more appropriate service.
- Cookies for internal use: Amsel Assessors also uses different cookies to maintain sessions with users with distinct logins in private and self-managed areas accessed, as well as cookies with the selected language.
In response to this information, users have three options:
- They can accept cookies and give their consent when they start browsing the website.
- They can change their settings.
They can restrict, block and delete cookies from any website by adjusting the browser settings. Because each browser’s settings are different, the Help function provides indications on how to do it. Here are the direct links with information:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=”ie-10
- Mozilla Firefox: mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Apple Safari: apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies